I Suffered Spring Break Injuries, Can I sue?

The weather is getting warmer. The days are getting longer. This means Spring is quickly approaching and with that, people begin to party. Beaches, bars, BBQs, sporting events, and house parties become common activities. College students and others set out on adventures for Spring break. Spring break injuries are common. Below is a list of common Spring break injuries and the grounds for which you may be able to file a lawsuit if you are injured.

A Bar or Nightclub Over-Served Alcohol, Am I able to Sue?

It is common knowledge that spring breakers love to drink. This means there will be a lot of drinking at nightclubs and bars this Spring break. Bar tenders have a duty to refrain from serving anyone that is noticeably intoxicated. It still happens though. Some people get alcohol poisoning and others are injured in auto accidents as a result of individuals being over-served in bars and night clubs. Depending on your state laws, if you are injured due to over-serving in a bar or nightclub, you may be able to sue the bar or nightclub under your state’s Dram Shop laws. Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible if you have been injured as a result of the over-serving of alcohol in a bar or nightclub.

I Was Injured in a Bar Fight, Can I Sue the Bar?

Spring break tends to bring out the rowdy crowd. Mix in alcohol and there is bound to be a scuffle or two. When people do not know how to walk away, people can be injured including innocent bystanders. If a fight occurs in a bar or nightclub, you may be able to sue the bar, nightclub, or staff for your injuries under premises liability. If you have been injured in a bar fight whether you participated or were an innocent bystanders, contact a personal injury attorney to discuss the possibility of filing a lawsuit against the bar or nightclub for the injuries you suffered.

I Was Injured at a House Party, Can I Sue?

Not everyone will be partying in bars and nightclubs during Spring break. People of all ages will be opening up their homes for people to come over for BBQs and other activities including drinking. Homeowners and occupiers of real property may be liable for injuries that are sustained on their property or as a result of over-serving guests. If you have been injured at a house party in a slip and fall accident, in a swimming pool, in a fight, or due to the over-serving of alcohol you may be able to sue the homeowner or occupier under premises liability or Dram Shop laws, depending on your state’s laws. Contact a personal injury attorney if you have been injured at a house party as you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.

Spring Break Injury Attorneys

The personal injury lawyers at Needham Kepner & Fish LLP help accident victims who sustained Spring break injuries because of someone else’s negligence. Our Spring break injuries attorneys are dedicated to winning you the compensation you need and deserve. The lawyers at Needham Kepner & Fish LLP provide aggressive representation to clients who suffered Spring break injuries  in the Bay Area. We are available weekends and evenings by appointment. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact Needham Kepner & Fish LLP today.