Anne J. Kepner
Anne J. Kepner represents plaintiffs in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases, including bicycle, motorcycle, car and work-related accidents. She has also represented large groups of plaintiffs in environmental toxic exposure cases. Anne began her legal career as part of a team representing more than 200 women who had become ill after receiving silicone breast implants.
During her over 20-year career, she has tried many cases to verdict, and she has resolved hundreds of cases through arbitration and mediation. Anne has served as a court-appointed arbitrator and mediator through the Early Neutral Evaluation program in general litigation matters and is also hired as a private mediator.
Earlier in her career, Anne worked as local counsel for two large Bay Area insurance companies, for which she defended personal injury actions. This defense experience gives her insight into the way insurance companies evaluate personal injury cases and the tactics they use to delay, deny and under pay claims. She is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, which honors her professional ability and ethical standards.
Anne is a frequent guest lecturer throughout Northern California, presenting annual seminars on recent developments in California civil law through What’s New in Tort & Trial since 2011 and Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) from 2010-2017. She has also taught Basic Legal Writing at Lincoln Law School since 2011-2016.
Outside her practice, Anne spends much of her time giving back to the local community. In November 2014, Anne was elected to the West Valley-Mission Community College Board as a Trustee to serve Area 3, and she has been President of the Board of Trustees since December 2017. She will be appointed to another four-year term in December 2018, having no opponents in the November 2018 general election. Anne volunteers with several local organizations serving residents of Santa Clara and Silicon Valley.
- California, 1995
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.S., Health Science, San Jose State University
- A.A., De Anza College
- Santa Clara County Trial Lawyers Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California (formerly California Trial Lawyers Association)
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Central YMCA of San Jose, Board of Managers, 2001–present; chair, 2007–2009
- Buchser Middle School PTA, 2018-present; President 2018-present
- Mission City Community Fund, Board of Directors, 2017-present; President Nov. 2018-present
- Washington Open Parent Faculty Group Board of Directors, 2012-2018; President 2016-2018
- City of Santa Clara, Housing Rehabilitation Loan Committee member, appointed by City Council and served 2005-2013.
- Friends of Wilson Preschool Board of Directors; Founding Member; President 2010-2011
Respected Counsel for Injury Victims in California
At Needham Kepner & Fish LLP, our attorneys are dedicated to helping you obtain compensation for your injuries. If your condition prevents you from visiting our office, we will gladly visit you at your home or health care facility. To schedule a free consultation, contact us today at (408) 956-6949 or online. We handle injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.