Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in California?
A San Jose Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help You Collect Compensation
Motorcyclists are a minority: there are fewer motorcycles than any other vehicles on public highways and streets. Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents account for 14% of all traffic fatalities according to a 2015 report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This means that motorcyclists account for the smallest group of drivers while also accounting for the highest accident death rate. Other injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents often prove catastrophic and permanent. Therefore, if you or a loved one is hurt in a motorcycle crash, then you should seek medical help and an experienced attorney immediately. Knowing you have proper medical treatment and trained legal professionals by your side can make all the difference in one of the most painful, stressful and confusing moments of your life.
Needham Kepner & Fish LLP knows what it takes to defend you or someone you love after a motorcycle crash. We have been there with families in their most vulnerable time. Our motorcycle attorneys have the experience and dedication needed to handle all the details of your case, from collecting evidence to interviewing witnesses. A motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can give you the personal attention you need for a successful claim. Based in San Jose, California, we proudly defend victims of motorcycle accidents and their families throughout the Bay Area. Additionally, to learn more about safe riding, see our top safety tips for Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month.
What Are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
It is tragic, but chances are high that you will suffer a serious injury if you have a motorcycle accident. A collision that might be only a fender bender for a car can easily be a paralyzing crash for a biker. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Negligence of car and truck drivers: General negligence by other car and truck drivers plays a major role in causing motorcycle accidents. Drivers often change lanes in front of motorcycles without signaling. Due to the greater maneuverability of a motorcycle, distracted or negligent automobile drivers may lose track of the motorcyclist in relation to their car.
- Defective motorcycle parts: Since bikes are less durable than other, larger vehicles, they require more maintenance. However, not all repair shops are honest and give equally excellent service. We can take steps to determine if a defective part or mishandled repair caused or contributed to your accident.
- Poorly maintained roadways: Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to weather hazards and dangerous road conditions such as oil spills, debris and potholes. We can investigate the scene of the accident and determine if any roadway dangers caused or contributed to your accident.
- Lane splitting: California is one of the few states where motorcyclists can legally engage in lane splitting (riding between two lanes of car traffic). Rules that went into effect in early 2013 allow motorcyclists to split lanes only when traffic is moving slower than 30 mph. If a car hits you while you are legally lane splitting, then you may be able to claim compensation from the driver.
After performing a thorough investigation, our motorcycle accident lawyers can identify all potential parties responsible. Afterward, we work with you to continue your recovery by helping you collect the compensation you deserve.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Your bills will not stop piling up because your life changed in an accident due to someone else’s negligence. That is why you need an experienced team of attorneys who will treat you with respect. A motorcycle accident lawyer can guide you through the complex legal system. For example, we may be able to help you seek compensation to:
- Reimburse your lost wages: You might not be able to go back to work after an accident. Our attorneys can seek compensation for any lost pay and benefits.
- Get you medical treatment: Medical care is expensive, and the more serious the injury, the more expensive your treatment will be. After identifying who is responsible for your injury, our legal team can work to make sure you have the means to pay your medical bills.
- Reimburse you for pain and suffering: In addition to recovering for lost wages and medical bills, you may be entitled to recover for your past and future pain and suffering as a result of your injuries.
- General counsel: You likely have a lot of questions after an accident. We will be there to address any question or concern you have throughout your ordeal. If you are unsure what to ask, then we can talk with you and put your mind at ease.
Need Help? Call Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Are you the victim of a motorcycle accident? Has a loved one been in a collision and sustained serious injuries? Are you worried that a motorcycle accident was not properly reported? You do not need to be apprehensive of these questions with our strong legal team at your side. In a free consultation, we can let you know if you have a case at no charge. Consult an experienced San Jose motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm as soon as possible – we can begin investigating your accident, examining the accident scene, contacting witnesses and preserving evidence right away.
To schedule a free consultation, call us today at (408) 956-6949 or use our online contact form. Our lawyers are available for weekend and evening meetings. If you are unable to visit our office, then we will come to your home or hospital. Additionally, we always handle cases on a contingent fee basis, so you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.