A wrongful death case arises when a person dies because of somebody else’s negligence. The San Jose wrongful death lawyers of Needham Kepner & Fish LLP help families who have lost loved ones collect compensation from those responsible for the death.
If you lost your loved one due to the negligence of another person or entity, we encourage you to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney. We may be able to help you recover financial compensation for your loss.
Schedule a free, confidential consultation with us today. We can answer any legal questions you may have and help you understand your legal options.
Why You Need an Experienced Wrongful Death Lawyer
A wrongful death claim or lawsuit is often dictated by the insurance policy limits of the defendant and any assets they own. However, our experienced wrongful death attorneys in San Jose work hard to secure maximum recovery by fully investigating all relevant facts and circumstances surrounding the case, such as:
- Reviewing accident reports, video footage, statements from witnesses, physical evidence such as skid marks, and all other relevant and available information to establish a valid wrongful death claim.
- Evaluating life expectancy of the person that was killed to help determine the damages involved in the wrongful death claim or lawsuit. The calculation of life expectancy involves the consideration of medical history, occupation, lifestyle, age, and many other factors.
- Proving the financial support that was lost by the decedent’s survivors. This requires an accurate assessment of the victim’s occupation, realistic future earnings, and other relevant facts and circumstances. In wrongful death claims involving young children, the challenge of proving future earnings is complicated, so seeking prompt legal advice is advisable.
For more information about filing a wrongful death lawsuits in California, contact a San Jose wrongful death attorney at Needham Kepner and Fish by calling (408) 716-1668.
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death in California?
Under California’s wrongful death statute, a deceased person’s spouse, domestic partner, children, parents, siblings or their children, grandparents, or next of kin can file a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages in California
Our personal injury lawyers understand the devastating financial and emotional impact of the loss of a loved one. We are dedicated to helping you recover financially and begin moving forward.
The possible damages of a wrongful death can include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of household services
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of training and guidance for a minor child of the deceased
Contact Needham Kepner & Fish LLP Today
If your loved one died because of someone else’s negligence, consult our experienced attorneys as soon as possible. Our wrongful death lawyers in San Jose are available for weekend and evening meetings.
To schedule a free initial consultation, call us today at (408) 716-1668 or use our online form. We handle injury cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.