Injury Lawyers Fight for Victims of Toxic Chemicals
Hazardous Conditions Cause Your Illness?
California Toxic Tort Lawyers Are Available To Help You Recover
You may be exposed to harmful substances every day and not be aware of it. The air you breathe, the water you drink, the home you live in, and the office where you work could expose you to toxic chemicals. Exposure to these toxic substances can cause permanent injuries and long-term serious illnesses, such as cancer, infections, burns and birth defects. State and federal laws concerning the safety of these everyday environments should prevent toxic exposure. However, negligent property owners, contractors and other entities may ignore these laws, creating serious and even fatal hazards.
At Needham Kepner & Fish LLP in San Jose, our California toxic tort attorneys have handled numerous toxic exposure cases. For example, in a recent suit we represented nearly 200 Salinas County courthouse employees who had suffered serious harm from asbestos exposure. These cases are highly technical, so they require extensive research, preparation, and consultation with scientists. Our experience is why you can trust us to fight for you.
What Are Common Factors in California Toxic Tort Claims?
Some common chemicals that have resulted in toxic tort cases include:
- Asbestos. This naturally occurring substance can cause lung cancer if inhaled. While it can take decades for asbestos exposure to cause mesothelioma, the cancer spreads quickly and is always fatal.
- Beryllium. Inhalation of the element beryllium can cause disabling or fatal respiratory diseases.
- Manganese. Exposure to manganese can cause irreversible symptoms similar to Parkinson’s disease, including chronic tremors.
- Pesticides. Pesticide exposure can cause a range of health issues, including cancer and death.
- Lead. Lead may build up slowly in the bloodstream, which can be fatal. While not always deadly, lead poisoning can fatigue, cognitive impairment and other symptoms.
- Other dangerous but common substances. Hazardous waste, gasoline, manufacturing byproducts and even household chemicals can cause toxicity and death.
Diseases that have occurred as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals include:
- Lung disease
- Hodgkin’s disease
Toxic tort law cases are very serious, complicated personal injury cases. Most often, toxic tort cases take on large companies and industries and may seem intimidating. The experienced toxic tort attorneys at NFK Law, however, can help you every step of the way to ensure you receive any compensation you deserve.
How Common Are Toxic Torts In The Construction Industry?
Many toxic torts are related to materials used in the construction industry, including paint, adhesives, insulation and drywall. Asbestos and other dangerous substances used at construction sites often do not have visible effects until decades after the exposure. Since some conditions take so long to develop, it can be incredibly difficult to track down the liable party.
However, it is possible to compare your employment history against records of other toxic tort claims to discover where your exposure may have happened. In these cases, it is essential that you work with qualified San Jose toxic tort attorneys who understand how to investigate such claims. Drawing on our experience handling toxic torts, product liability, and construction defect cases, we diligently investigate every case that we take on. With our experience and resources, we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Help For Toxic Exposure Victims In San Jose, San Francisco And Sacramento
If you have been diagnosed with an injury or illness that your doctor believes was caused by toxic exposure, then we can help. To speak with an attorney about your potential claim, call us today at (408) 956-6949 or use our online form. Our California toxic tort lawyers are available for weekend and evening meetings. We handle injury cases on a contingent fee basis, which means that you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.