Exposure to harmful substances may occur every day and we may not be aware of it. For example, toxic exposure can occur in the air we breathe, our water, home or office. Exposure to these toxic substances can cause permanent illnesses and injuries. At Needham Kepner & Fish LLP, our California toxic tort lawyers have handled many toxic exposure cases to help victims recover.
State and federal laws about everyday environmental safety should prevent toxic exposure. Even so, property owners, contractors and other entities may ignore these laws, creating serious or fatal hazards.
If your doctor believes that toxic exposure caused your illness, you could have a viable toxic tort claim. Our toxic tort attorneys can help. We recently represented nearly 200 Salinas County courthouse employees who had suffered serious harm from asbestos exposure.
Toxic exposure cases are technical. They need extensive research, preparation, and consultation with scientists. Our experience is why you can trust us to fight for you.
What Are Common Factors in California Toxic Tort Claims?
Some common chemicals that have resulted in toxic tort cases include:
- Asbestos. Asbestos can cause lung cancer if inhaled. It can take decades for asbestos exposure to cause mesothelioma. Unfortunately, the cancer spreads quickly and is always fatal.
- Beryllium. Inhalation of the element beryllium can cause disabling or fatal respiratory diseases.
- Manganese. Manganese exposure can cause irreversible symptoms similar to Parkinson’s disease. Symptoms include chronic tremors.
- Pesticides. Pesticide exposure can cause a range of health issues, including cancer and death.
- Lead. Lead may build up in the bloodstream, which can be fatal. While not always deadly, lead poisoning can fatigue, cognitive impairment and other symptoms.
- Other dangerous but common substances. Hazardous waste, gasoline, byproducts and even household chemicals can cause toxicity and death.
Effects of Toxic Chemicals on Human Health
Diseases and injuries that can occur as a result of exposure to toxic chemicals include:
- Lung disease
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Birth defects
Toxic tort law cases are very serious and complicated personal injury cases. Most often, toxic tort cases take on large companies and industries. This may seem intimidating, but our California toxic tort lawyers can help you every step of the way.
How Common Are Toxic Torts in the Construction Industry?
Many toxic torts relate to materials used in the construction industry. These materials include paint, adhesives, insulation and drywall. Often, asbestos and other dangerous substances do not have visible effects until decades after the exposure.
Since some conditions take so long to develop, it can be difficult to track down the liable party. Still, it is possible to compare your employment history against records of other toxic tort claims. This can help us discover where your exposure may have happened.
At Needham Kepner & Fish LLP, our attorneys understand how to investigate these claims. With our experience and resources, we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our California Toxic Tort Lawyers Today
If you have an injury or illness that your doctor believes was caused by toxic exposure, then we can help. Speak with a personal injury attorney about your potential claim today.
Call us today at (408) 716-1668or use our online form. Our California toxic tort lawyers are available for weekend and evening meetings. We handle injury cases on a contingent fee basis. This means that you pay us nothing unless you recover compensation.